Monday, May 31, 2010

Catching Up

Before we get onto to any new postings, or ravings as some have described this blog, I want to catch up by saying thanks to everyone who reads this regularly. I received a lot of e-mail about the great Frank Frazetta and I appreciate that. Several of you wrote in wanting more blogs about music- well, they're coming up, don't despair.

Right now, I'd like to commend HBO's Treme, which gets New Orleans about 85- 90% right, a very good average in my book. Little by Little regulars may have recognized our friend Irving Banister's son, Honey, in one episode playing a drummer in a Mardi Gras Indian band. Not to slight Honey's (billed as Irving Banister, Jr. in the credits) acting ability, but since he is the TOP Indian drummer, let's just put it down to great casting. My two favorite characters are Antoine Batiste, played by Wendall Pierce, the frustrated musician forced to negotiate all his cab fares and, of course, America's greatest character actor, the Thomas Mitchell of our time, John Goodman as Crieghton Bernette.

Next thing you know, we'll be seeing the Freeland- Archers traipsing through Treme. It's only a matter of time.


3 comments:

Matt with the Hat said...

Bunk's playing a musician! We'll have to having a watching party once it comes out on DVD--after 'Once Upon A Time in America'.

Bret Littlehales said...

I still haven't made it through disc II of "Once Upon a Time...."

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do believe this is an excellent web site. I stumbledupon it ;
) I am going to revisit yet again since i have book marked it.
Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.


Here is my site - kona coffee